McConnel will showcase its new Consolidator range of premium arable rollers at Cereals Show (Stand 1032).
The company has enhanced its product portfolio after its recent merger with Twose of Tiverton, and can now offer a comprehensive choice of three, five and seven-gang rollers with working widths from 6.4m and 18.4m
The robust rollers are among the heaviest in the industry – delivering even ground pressure across the width of the roller and feature a unique castellated ring profile that ensures constant soil pressure for greater moisture retention and a weather-proof finish.
Each section centre-pivots independently for a smooth and even reaction to undulating ground conditions, ensuring close contour-following and outstanding seed to soil contact.
Strength and durability are boosted by an exceptionally robust design, triple sealed bearings, and 65mm steel shafts, while the heavy duty frame design allows for excellent contour following when the hydraulic system is in the float position.
Four different roller configurations are available with a choice of 22” and 24” Cambridge rings and 22” and 24” Cambridge rings with Cambridge breakers available.
The rollers come with a wide range of options including spring-mounted levelling boards to break down clods and plough ridges leveling the ground to deliver smooth and even consolidation.
Two rows of 8mm spring tines are also available. When working in crop stubble the tines help to evenly distribute straw and surface residue – distributing slug eggs and encouraging a flush of volunteers to germinate.
Other key features of McConnel’s Consolidator range of rollers include:
- McConnel’s seven-gang rollers are also equipped with an innovative weight transfer system across each section; five individual pivot points for close-contour following; and a smooth folding mechanism for rapid transition from work to transport mode.
- Proven to thrive in a wide range of different soil types and conditions.
- Heavy-duty construction throughout with a 65mm shaft and external 65mm bearings for greater longevity and durability
- Simple, fast-acting folding system ensures rapid transition to and from the full-width working position
- Optional commercial-spec braking system and braked axles are available on 10.2m, 12.2m and 15m models reducing stopping distances and easing the strain on tractor brakes
- Eccentric cams for lateral adjust of the rings.
- Triple sealed bearings for enhanced durability
- A safe transport lock and support for wing sections on the 10m, 12m and 15m models
- Stone trays
For more information on the full range of cultivation machinery McConnel can offer, please go to: http://www.mcconnel.com/arable-machinery/