McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
- Fabricates components by analysing requirements; welding parts.
- Develops welding projects by analysing work orders, prints and completed assembly; calculating requirements, studying metals, determining appropriate welding techniques.
- Collects equipment and materials by studying specifications and component requirements; order supplies and gases.
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.
- Documents actions by completing records
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining suppliers; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs as necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in a similar environment
- Coded welder
- NVQ level education
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Problem solving ability
- Team player as well as ability to work independently
- Good communication skills