McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and spreaders, cultivation and seeding machinery as well an innovative range of remote control machinery.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, the UK territory based parts salesman’s main objective is to increase the level of McConnel parts being sold throughout McConnel’s UK dealerships whilst providing excellent customer service and support.
- Present, promote and sell genuine parts to existing and prospective customers establishing, developing and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Develop business using various methods including cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer concerns to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyse and advise on the territory/market’s potential, track sales and provide status reports.
- Supply reports on customer needs, concerns, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends aiming for continuous improvement.
- Develops expertise in all parts/services and able to act in an advisory capacity to assist dealers and customer enquiries and creating a positive working relationship.
- Develop a sales & marketing plan in conjunction with the Parts Manager.
- Develop and implement parts stocking programmes and promotional programmes in line with the company marketing plans.
- Experience in parts with a proven track record of upselling – preferably from within the Agricultural industry.
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft office skills including email/internet use.
- Excellent numeracy skills with accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organize own work schedule.
- Able to travel where required for face to face dealer/customer meetings including attending any trade shows where required.
- Familiarity with agricultural/horticultural machinery would be a distinct advantage.