Introduction - June 2023
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data you provide us. This Privacy Notice communicates how we use and process your personal data.
For the purposes of data protection laws, McConnel Ltd is the data controller of your personal data and our address is as noted below. The Data Compliance Officer can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any changes to this policy will be posted to this website. Please check regularly for updates.
This website is controlled and operated McConnel Ltd. We welcome all comments, queries and requests regarding how we use your information. We can be contacted via;
We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone +44 (0)1789 774250.
Processing of your personal Data
Alamo Group UK will process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK GDPR) and the EU GDPR, where applicable. We may process your personal data when you;
- Visit our website,
- Purchase products or services from us, and/or
- We send marketing communications to you:
The personal data we hold about you
We may process the following categories of personal information about you, were required:
- Name, company name, contact details including address(es), telephone number(s), email address, fax number(s) and VAT number. You are not under any obligation to provide any this information. However, if you withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We automatically collect basic technical information from all visitors to the website through our automatic data collection tools, which may include cookies and other commonly used technologies (see sections on Cookies and Web Beacons below). These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to the website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the site from which you came to the website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, or click stream data within our website (i.e. the actions taken in connection with the website). This information helps us improve the functionality of the website. We work with third parties such as sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies, and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for following purposes:
- to contact you and to respond to your requests and enquiries;
- to deliver goods and services to you;
- for business administration, including statistical analysis
- to personalise your visit to the website and to assist you while you use the website;
- to improve the website by helping us understand who uses the website; and
- for fraud prevention and detection and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice.
We may also contact you to tell you about products and services offered by us which we believe may interest you (see section on Marketing below).
Sharing your Personal Data
We may use selected third parties to provide us with services, technical support for the website, and companies engaged to market and distribute our products, who may have access to your personal data. All service providers are permitted to use data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
Similarly, we may share your personal data as required by law to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of others, including to advisers, law enforcement agencies, judicial and regulatory authorities.
To help us make credit decisions about you, we may search the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file and/or those of your principal directors/shareholders where relevant. We may also disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. This information will be used by other credit agencies for making credit decisions.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
The information you give us may be accessed our staff, and third parties based inside and occasionally outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), where necessary to fulfil and deliver orders. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit or debit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We take reasonable steps, consistent with generally accepted industry standards, to protect the personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We retain your personal information in line with our records retention and disposal policy, which is available on request. In general, data is held for 7 years from the last point of contact to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you have any queries regarding the retention of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided above.
If you are located in Europe, you have certain rights under data protection laws including:
- the right to be informed of how we process your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right to rectify or correct your personal data
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
All such requests should be made to the Data Compliance Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority, in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, post and/or telephone to provide information regarding products, services, events and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing or market research communications from us. .
If you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us via email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office via www.ico.org.uk.