McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and a range of remote control machinery.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for new product design and ongoing product development. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Design Engineer, but will closely collaborate with all business functions in the effective deliverance of all design projects under their responsibility.
- Assume direct responsibility for the design and development of new products complimenting the McConnel product range.
- Work closely with Sales, Service and Manufacturing departments on problem solving and product improvement.
- Upgrade product and reduce service failures whilst cost consulting marketing personnel.
- Work closely with Production Engineering and Manufacturing to improve manufacturability, assembly and serviceability of products.
- Focus on cost reduction initiatives in association with other departments across the business.
- Prepare engineering drawings in SolidWorks.
- Assist senior management with technical guidance where required.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with key customers and suppliers’ external to the organization.
- Create and record technical documentation relating to research, design, HSE and production for all projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT skills including windows based software.
APPLY NOW: If you would like to apply for this vacancy, simply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your skills and experience.