McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and spreaders, cultivation and seeding machinery as well an innovative range of remote control machinery.
As part of a team, the Development Design Engineer will be responsible for designing tooling and fixtures for production and support where required.
- Produce solutions and drawings of tooling using SolidWorks 3D modelling to enable batch production, these to include; drilling, machining and weld jigs, welding and assembly aids, robotic welding strong backs.
- Produce drawings to allow different members of the department to produce new tooling in an orderly and structured manner.
- Work alongside different departments to produce and integrate new tooling.
- Provide support in the operation and safe use of tooling ensuring that our quality standards are met.
- Provide support for Subcontractors using Company tooling.
- Development and maintain Tooling priority programme for new and existing jigs.
- Development and maintain Jig maintenance programme.
- Development and maintain Jig scrappage programme.
- Development and maintain tooling storage solutions and identification to allow lean manufacturing.
- Comply with HSE requirements at all times.
- HND and above in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering.
- Experience of SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Agricultural background would be advantageous.
- Ability to Problem-solve and trouble shoot with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing workloads essential.
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Good IT skills including windows-based software.