McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and a range of remote-control machinery.
Under moderate supervision, manage weekly payroll. Assist HR Department in carrying out various HR policies and procedures for company employees. Conduct new employee orientations, process all employee-related paperwork, perform computer data entry for attendance and maintains records for employees pertinent to Payroll.
- Enter or accept all employee changes onto Select HR to process timely weekly payrolls.
- Administer weekly payroll for employees ensuring reasonableness and accuracy.
- Provide cover for Payroll Administrator for the weekly payroll within other Alamo Group member companies where necessary during periods of absence.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring payroll work activities for weekly payroll.
- Responsible for resolution of payroll issues. Provide answers to questions from employees or Managers regarding payroll. Alerting HR Management of any concerns.
- Ensure Tensor is maintained to ensure timely payroll processing.
- Run all payroll-related reports and reconciles data where required.
- Schedule and conduct orientation for new hires, along with follow up meetings as required.
- Assist HR Department in coordinating Occupational Health Monitoring programmes.
- Maintain employee electronic files in terms of payroll and notify Production Management of any disciplinary issues.
- Maintain Production stationary requirements, including keeping accurate inventory. Notify supervisor of low stock items and recommends new items for order.
- Distribute payroll checks each payday.
- Coordinate the termination process as provided on the termination checklist.
- Communicate regularly with HR/Production Management about Department/Employee issues.
- Assist any departments on an ad-hoc basis.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Good level of education.
- Previous experience within a HR function preferred, but not essential.
- Solid understanding of payroll. SelectPay experience preferred.
- Very good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Positive and respectful outlook.
- PC literate with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Able to plan, organize, and prioritise work demonstrating flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and competing tasks.
- Able to work overtime as needed to complete assignments.
APPLY NOW: If you would like to apply for this vacancy, simply submit your CV to email@example.com and tell us about your skills and experience.