McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and spreaders, cultivation and seeding machinery as well an innovative range of remote control machinery.
As part of a team, the Development Engineer will be responsible for producing jigs and prototype machines to support production.
- Produce parts and welded assemblies from drawings
- Produce drilling and welding jigs from drawings of parts/assemblies to enable batch production
- Provide support in the operation and safe use of tooling ensuring that our quality standards are met
- Comply with HSE requirements at all times
- ONC in Mechanical, agricultural Engineering or related field or following a recognised apprenticeship
- Familiar with standard machine shop equipment and tools including lathes, millers and drills
- Familiar with drawings and able to work accurately to the specifications of the drawings
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Agricultural background would be advantageous
- Ability to Problem-solve and trouble shoot with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing workloads essential
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexible to travel to other manufacturing sites within the Group
APPLY NOW: If you would like to apply for this vacancy, simply submit your CV to email@example.com and tell us about your skills and experience.