Salford Priors, Territory Based
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
We require a territory-based service engineer based in Northern England to provide aftersales technical support for dealers and customers in Northern England and Scotland with occasional trips further afield. You will also be responsible for administering warranty and supporting the parts department within your territory.
- Conducts service visits to carry out on farm service support
- Responsible for providing technical training within your territory
- Provide advice and guidance via phone on normal service-related calls, warranty decisions and technical problems
- Where required, assist in field training on new products and existing products for Engineering and Design changes.
- Provide part numbers of all parts used on service jobs for accurate pricing
- Attend agriculutral shows and assist in set-up and tear down of shows where required
- Contribute to writting new product manuals and update existing manuals
- Assist service and parts department with parts shortages, identifying part number and other items relatied to sales orders
- Repaird and return reconditioned service exhange items
- Any other duties as required by McConnel and within capabilities across the product range.
- Mechanical or Engineering Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Good oral communications and listening skills required
- Trouble shooting and dignostic ability is essential
- Good human relations skills necesarry
- Mechanical ability and skill in making appropriate repairs necessary
- Working knowledge of mechanical farm equipment is essential
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits is essential
- Basic computer skills required
- Organisational ability preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as long distance travel is required
- A full, UK driving license
- Located within Northern England