Salford Priors, Evesham
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
Based at our Salford Priors manufacturing facility, near Evesham, you will be responsible for providing aftersales technical support for dealers, distributors and customers (UK and overseas) for Self-Propelled vehicles, administering warranty and supporting the parts department.
- Conducts service visits to carry out on farm service support
- Responsible for all UK dealers and overseas technical/service training specifically for Self-Propelled Vehicles.
- Provide advice and guidance via phone on normal service related calls, warranty decisions, and technical problems.
- Where required, assist in field training on new preoducts and existing products for Engineering and design changes.
- Operator instruction and product training at sales meetings.
- Provide part numbers of all parts used on service jobs for accurate pricing.
- Attend agricultural shows and assist in set up and tear down of shows where required.
- Contribute to writing new preoduct manuals and update existing manuals
- Assist service and parts department with parts shortages, identifying part numbers and other itmes related to sales orders
- Repair and return reconditioned service exhange items.
- Any other duties as required by Company and within capabilities across product range.
- Mechanical or Engineering Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Good oral communications and listening skills required
- Trouble shooting and dignostic ability is essential
- Good human relations skills necesarry
- Mechanical ability and skill in making appropriate repairs necessary
- Working knowledge of mechanical farm equipment is essential
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits is essential
- Basic computer skills required
- Organisaational ability preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as long distance travel is required