McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and a range of remote-control machinery.
We are looking to recruit a hands-on Systems and Control engineer to expand an existing systems division. As a Systems & Control Design Engineer you will be working alongside mechanical design engineers to design, develop and improve hydraulic, electric control systems throughout the McConnel product range. The successful applicant will enjoy a wide breath of projects and see project through from inception to production and beyond.
- Reporting to the Senior Systems Engineer on day-to-day system changes
- Design and develop hydraulic systems.
- Design and develop electronic systems.
- Programme and modify machine operating software.
- Work on prototype and preproduction equipment to finalise and verify the systems used.
- Can provide input pre-project in supporting commercial discussions and early stage solution development.
- Can decipher standards and ensure early stage/architectural product compliance.
- Degree-qualified (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering discipline, with related engineering experience with cross discipline projects.
- Strong hydraulic background
- Experience in Schematic design of both, hydraulic and electronic.
- Logical and methodical fault diagnosis of both electrical and hydraulic systems
- Familiar with CAN protocol and able to create, interpret and modify CAN messages
- Practical ability to make, repair and modify items used, both mechanical and electrical.
- Experience in electrification of products desirable.
- Transferable programming experience desirable
- Experience in agricultural equipment and their operation desirable but not essential.
APPLY NOW: If you would like to apply for this vacancy, simply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your skills and experience.