On 16th April 2018 Kellands Agricultural was integrated into McConnel Limited, a sister company within the Alamo Group - combining the skills and resources of two of the most recognised names in British agricultural engineering.
The integration has enabled us to meet the growing demand for the newly branded McConnel Agribuggy and Multidrive products. Sales and service operations of Kellands Agricultural are now based alongside the manufacturing team at Alamo Group Europe's headquarters at Salford Priors in Worcestershire.
These changes bring a host of immediate benefits including greater investment in the research and development of new products and greater levels of sales and service support. Kellands Agricultural products will now bear the McConnel brand logo.
This integration has seen the McConnel Arable and Spraying Machinery division boosted by Kellands market leading Agribuggy and Multidrive products, resulting in a wider product offering which will generate new opportunities for growth.
- The renowned Agribuggy is an innovative low-ground-pressure self-propelled sprayer with a suite of features including a curved-glass cab with 360-degree visibility, four-wheel steering, and a 2.8-litre 148hp turbo engine. It also has an extensive selection of sprayer accessories for personalisation to customer specific requirements.
- Multidrive Tractors are a unique range of multi-purpose load-carrying tractor units that can be customised with a selection of mounted sprayers as well as fertiliser spreaders. Each model features an efficient mechanical drive-line and high visibility cab for comfort, safety and productivity.
The major benefits to our distributors, dealers and customers will be:
- Additional investment in the research & development to ensure a steady flow of new products
- Genuine spare parts for Kellands Agricultural products are now available through selected McConnel dealers with aftersales support
- Increased resources in the Arable and Spraying Machinery division sales and technical support teams to further improve customer support
McConnel marketing manager Wayne Brown said: "Kellands Agricultural products are market-leading machines with proven reputations. By offering them through our established dealer networks we can raise awareness of the productivity, comfort and safety benefits they deliver and ensure farmers and contractors can count on us for a one-stop arable solution."