McConnel's new TuffCut flailhead is setting new standards for strength and durability – featuring an innovative new lug design that’s 65% stronger and a larger diameter rotor that’s up to 75% stiffer.
Created to withstand the busy workloads of professional contractors, TuffCut is available in 1.2m and 1.6m working widths and is compatible with a wide selection of McConnel flails.
Key features of the new TuffCut rotor include:
- Cast weld-on lugs that are 65% stronger than wrap-around alternatives, enhancing strength and reliability
- A captive bolt-head protects the bolt and prevents it from rotating – enhancing the longevity and durability
- Innovative design allows one-tool replacement of flails for quick and easy maintenance
- Larger rotor diameter increases stiffness by up to 75%
- Compatible with Back-to-back, Uni-boot, F10H, F10C, F14 and F16 Flails
- New hydraulic front hood features a larger ingress for a better flow of material through the rotor – ideal for tackling mature hedges
- Quick and easy adjustment of the cutting height
- Hydraulic roller enables operators to raise or lower the roller and switch between hedge-cutting and verge-mowing
- Equipped with the new heavy-duty F-16 T-flail as standard
The new TuffCut flailhead is available on McConnel’s flagship 85-series Power Arms.