McConnel has signed an exclusive distribution deal with French agricultural sales specialists ETS Payen which will see the Rozay-en-Brie company become the sole agent for McConnel and Twose Classic Line products in France.
From 1 September, 2016 Payen will be able to offer a one-stop shop for McConnel’s comprehensive range of green maintenance, cultivation, remote control, and arable farming products including:
- The largest and most advanced range of Power Arm technology in the world with 12 distinct series, 42 models and more than 15,000 different build variations
- The Twose Classic line of economy reach arm mowers – expanding customer choice of hedge-cutting and verge mowing machines by a further nine machines
- The world’s fastest-growing range of remote control green maintenance technology with six specialist machines and more than 20 different attachments
- The new arable machinery range which includes sub-soil cultivators, seed drills, and a complete range of heavy-duty folding arable rollers
- A comprehensive range of flail and rotary mowers with working widths from 1.3m to 8.2m
- And a range of grassland aerators, ballast rollers, and a selection of material handling equipment
McConnel chose Payen as its partner because of the long and successful relationship forged by the two companies since 2002 - which began with a deal to sell McConnel’s Power Arm range through the French company’s well-established national dealer network.
McConnel general manager Christian Davies, said: “Payen offers a tried and trusted national sales network; unrivalled skill and expertise in McConnel machinery; and a major commitment to customer service with high levels of stock and parts.
“We’re excited about the long-term development of this partnership and believe it will lead to new opportunities for both companies in one of Europe’s key marketplaces.”
Payen general manager Olivier Deneufbourg said the distribution agreement gives Payen the opportunity to offer customers a complete range of market-leading green maintenance, remote control and cultivation equipment.
He said: “McConnel is a worldwide market-leader with a proven reputation for quality and innovation. This deal will enable us to offer a complete range of premium quality machines to our customers and expand our product offering in fast-growing markets such as the remote control and cultivation sectors.”
To boost product knowledge and introduce key new machines, McConnel hosted a day of demonstrations, displays, factory tours and product walktroughs at its Shropshire production facility.
Around 20 sales professionals from Payen were able to see McConnel’s market-leading reach arms being made at its Ludlow production facility and watch key machines such as the Seedaerator, DIscaerator, ROBOMOZ and new heavy-duty three gang rollers in action in real working conditions.
McConnel and Payen have already begun working together to showcase the comprehensive range of new products, taking them on the road to some of France’s most influential agricultural machinery shows, including: Châlons Fair and INNOVAGRI.