The most important breakthrough in flail development in more than a decade will be unveiled at LAMMA 2015 with the launch of McConnel's new F14 T-flail.
The F14 is the first heavy-duty T-flail which is equally adept at grass mowing, hedge-cutting, and the maintenance of mature three-year hedge growth.
Featuring a larger cutting area, an innovative hollow cavity design, and a wider shank, the F14 delivers a powerful and precise cutting action and is perfect for farmers and contractors who want a versatile flail which can handle hedge-cutting and verge-mowing.
Key features of the new F14 flail include:
• Patented cavity design retains durability while offering outstanding weight efficiency for a heavy-duty flail
• Rounded shank improves material flow and prevents grass wrap
• Improved cutting angle on the leading edge for a cleaner more consistent cut
• Double the flail overlap of McConnel's F10 T-flail
• 38% more mass delivers greater cutting momentum than the F10
• Cast from tried and tested ADI steel for a stronger more durable flail
• Exceptional cutting performance for both grass and hedgerow maintenance
• Double the flail overlap of standard flails
• Longer leading edge profile extends working life
• Versatile flail that's ideal for a wide variety of jobs
• Compatible with McConnel's best-selling Multicut rotor
One of the first customers to use the new flails is Devon contractor Robin Osman, who has been impressed with the performance of the F14s.
He said: "They are far superior to anything else on the market. McConnel has raised its game with these flails because whether I'm cutting grass, heavy vegetation or mature hedgerows they are fast and powerful, and always leave an immaculate finish."
McConnel general manager Christian Davies said the new flails would not only boost performance and durability, but also prove more cost effective.
He explained: "For years McConnel's standard F10 flail has proved efficient, reliable and cost effective for most jobs, but heavy duty cutting and grass mowing has always demanded specialist flails.
"The F14 T-flail is the first flail that can do it all – enabling operators to tackle a wider variety of jobs while delivering an attractive finish and greater durability."
The new flails will be equipped as standard on new 65, 70, and 85-Series Power Arms. Customers who wish to upgrade their existing flails should contact their local McConnel dealer