Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology. Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive product portfolio including hedge and verge mowers, self-propelled sprayers and spreaders, cultivation and seeding machinery as well an innovative range of remote-control machinery.
The facility based Product Support Fitter will oversee the management of build conversions and rework of the company’s products including Power Arms, Robocut’s and Self-Propelled Sprayers. The role will also support the company’s Sales & Marketing and Service Support teams as required during busy times.
- To conduct initial assessment of the products requiring conversion/rework and formulate a plan for the work to be carried out
- You will be responsible for carrying the conversion/rework to the products
- You will ensure that the conversion/rework is undertaken safely and in line with approved methods
- The most economical method of conversion/rework to be sought on any occasion - ensuring longevity of the work and that the product is not compromised
- You will be responsible for your own personal risk assessments
- You will be responsible for managing your own workload and prioritising
- You will be expected to work alongside and in harmony with others in the facility - some tasks will require teamwork
- Workshop equipment will be provided for your use which must be kept in a clean, tidy and serviceable condition at all times
- You will be responsible for keeping your working area clean and tidy
- You will be responsible for keeping all paperwork up to date, including allocating requisition/purchase orders for parts required for conversion/rework to be carried out
- You will comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- From time to time, you will also support the Sales & Marketing and Service Support teams
- Experience in a similar industry is essential
- Experience in Mechanical or Engineering
- Mechanical ability and skill in making appropriate repairs as necessary.
- Background in agricultural engineering, dealer service or demonstrations would be beneficial.
- Good verbal communications and listening skills required.
- Good human relations skills necessary particularly respectful, courteous. enthusiastic, helpful and friendly.
- Basic computer skills required.
- You must be physically fit as standing and lifting is a key requirement.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as additional hours and travel is required.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
If you’re interested in this vacancy and would like to build a career with McConnel, simply submit your CV to email@example.com and tell us about your skills and experience and how you can play a part in the company’s future success.
To see how we process your data, please visit our Recruitment Privacy Notice.